About the Nurse Ministry

“I was ill and you comforted me.” – Matthew 25:35

“They that hope in the Lord will renew their strength.” – Isaiah 40:31

Parish nursing is an emerging area of professional nursing practice. It is rooted in the Judeo-Christian tradition of caring for self and others as an expression of God’s love. Parish nursing intention is to integrate the practice of faith with the practice of nursing.

The practice of parish nursing holds the spiritual dimension to be central. It also includes the physical, social, and psychological dimensions of nursing practice.

The focus of parish nursing practice is the faith community and its ministry. In collaboration with pastoral staff and congregation, the nurse works to accomplish the church’s mission of health. Through partnership and networking with community health resources, the nurse fosters health promotion, risk reduction, and disease prevention for members of the congregation.

“I lift up my eyes toward the mountains; when shall help come? My help is from the Lord, who made the heaven and earth.” – Psalm 121

Parish Nursing at St. Anthony of Padua

The Parish Nurse works with individuals and small groups in the parish on a confidential basis providing support and guidance in matters of personal health and safety.

The nurse is prepared to provide health education and counseling on a wide range of health-related concerns which span the life cycle. She can provide you with health resource material and refer you to appropriate community resources. The nurse can help parishioners understand the complex health issues and can advocate on your behalf for needed services.

Although the Parish Nurse does not replace your doctor or other care provider or directly treat, she can explain treatments, laboratory tests and medications so that you are empowered to be an active partner in the management of your own health.

You can visit with the Parish Nurse in her office, in the hospital, in your home or in any nursing home.

“For I know well the plan I have in mind for you says the Lord. Plans for your welfare, not for woe! Plans to give you a future full of hope. When you call Me, when you go to pray to Me, I will listen to you.” – Jeremiah 29: 11-12

The Parish Nurse is available to assist you in the following ways:

Health Education

• Maintains a Healthy Living Bulletin Board monthly based on the month’s health education focus.
  • Maintains health education material on the parish nurse WEB page with appropriate links to other resources.
  • Provides groups twice a year to discuss Advanced Medical Directives.
  • Facilitates monthly Senior First Friday Luncheons and provides timely health education information.
  • Provides health education information throughout the year at health fairs and other parish programs.
  • Promotes healthy lifestyle programs for children (camps), new mothers, blood pressure clinics and others as needed.
  • Volunteer training for RESPITE and Samaritan programs.

2006-11_health_c

Health Referral Agent

• Refers parishioners to appropriate health care resources. Includes access to health care for the uninsured, children’s health insurance, senior services and resources, hospice and palliative care.
  • Coordinates concrete support like transportation and grocery shopping for parishioners who need this assistance.
  • Assists parishioners to understand and use the health care system. May accompany those needing assistance to appointments when requested to so.

2006-11_health_e

Health Care Advocate

• Advocate on behalf of the uninsured, elderly and others as needed.
  • Finds appropriate health care for the poor and uninsured.
  • Attends nursing care and discharge conferences in hospitals and nursing homes as requested.

2006-11_health_f

Health Counselor

• Meets with parishioners at home, hospitals and nursing homes to provide prayerful support, non-invasive nursing care and to recommend nursing measures to support wellness.
  • Meets individually with parishioners to discuss health concerns, caregiver issues, and to provide support during health-related stress.

2006-11_health_a

2006-11_health_b

2006-11_health_d

NEWCOMERS – Welcome

Fr. Zuberbueler Installation Mass

SUNDAY MASS SCHEDULE

SATURDAY: 4:30 pm
6:00 pm /Español

SUNDAY:
English: 8:30 am; 11:00 am; 5:30 pm
Español: 1:00 pm; 3:30 pm

WEEKDAY MASS SCHEDULE

Mon - Friday: 7:00 am, 12:00 pm, 7:00 pm
Wed: 8:30 am / During School year
Thur: 7: 00 pm / Español
Sat: 8:30 am

FEDERAL HOLIDAY MASS SCHEDULE

Please check the Parish bulletin for the Mass Schedule on Holy Days and Federal Holidays.

CONFESSION SCHEDULE

Wed: 7:30 pm to 8:00 pm
Fri: 7:30 pm to 8:20 pm
Sat: 9:00 am, 3:30 pm to 4:30 pm
7:00 pm until finished
Sun: 2:30 pm to 3:30 pm

FORMED

BULLETINS

CATHOLIC DIOCESE OF ARLINGTON

Catholic Schools