Important Informational Meeting for Parents and other Concerned Parishioners RE: Fairfax County Public Schools’ New “Transgender” Rules
Tuesday, July 26th at 7:00 PM
St. Raymond’s Parish Hall, 8750 Pohick Rd, Springfield, VA 22153
Last May, the Fairfax County School Board added “gender identity” to its non-discrimination policy. These changes will have radical and far reaching effects in all schools for all students and all employees and are effective immediately.
How will this impact our children, their teachers, school staff, and parental rights? What should you know and how can you protect your child?
Elizabeth L. Schultz,
Fairfax County School Board member from the Springfield District, will discuss the policy impacts and answer questions.
(Parental Caution: The topic is not appropriate for younger children. Parental discretion regarding the emotional and spiritual maturity of children attending is highly recommended.)
IMPORTANT FCPS WORK SESSION RE:“TRANSGENDER” RULES
Thursday, July 21 at 3pm
Gatehouse Administration Center * 8115 Gatehouse Road * Falls Church, VA 22042
Come and protest (with civility) the School Board & Superintended seemingly moving forward on these regulations for the coming school year… the 2016-2017. Superintendent Karen Garza has published on the FCPS website that “This regulation is planned to take effect at the start of the school year in September 2016.” No public participation or comments are allowed during the Work Session.
Now, this Regulation is supposed to implement the expanded Non-Discrimination language for the entire school division, preK-12, in 196 schools, on every athletic team, for every overnight trip going forward, for all student activities and in every administrative building. Share your voice send (civil!) emails to: Fairfax County School Board: email@example.com.
Superintendent Karen Garza: superrintendentGarza@fcps.edu.
Send letters to the editor. Examples and contact information for media outlets include:
- The Washington Examiner: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/editorial-guidelines
- The Washington Post: https://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/opinions/submit-an-op-ed/
- The New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/content/help/site/editorial/letters/letters.html
- Fairfax Times: https://www.fairfaxtimes.com/site/forms/online_services/letter_editor/
- The Catholic Herald: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connection Newspapers: http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/contact/letter/
- InsideNOVA: https://www.insidenova.com/site/forms/online_services/letter/
- The Patch: http://patch.com/virginia/oldtownalexandria/submit-a-letter-to-the-editor-8a4b1b8b
Download Articles and distribute: transgender nonconforming