Our mission is to sustain a successful Bible Study Program at St. Anthony Church through spiritual growth, supportive faith community, evangelization, and sharing the love of Christ by serving others.
- Pursue a deeper relation with God through Bible Study
- Strengthen and nourish our spiritual journeys through Prayer and Bible Study
- Serve God and our neighbor through mutual support of a community of believers
Why is Scripture study important?
- You will learn to relate scripture to your personal life of faith
- You will learn to read scripture in its historical context and understand the development of our church
- You will participate in lively discussions and share your experience in the faith, and you will do this in the company of other Catholics who share your journey
Who can participate?
- Anyone with an interest in expanding or sharing their knowledge of the scriptures
- There are no prerequisites
- Those who have never read the Bible are as welcome as those who have done some previous study
- Each meeting will begin with a short prayer followed by a video on the evening’s readings, Small Group discussion, and a closing prayer
- A small fee is charged to cover the cost of materials (each participant supplies his or her own Bible)
Women’s Bible Study
The Women’s Bible Study Group meets every Wednesday from 7:30 pm to 9 pm from September to May. Contact Paulette Grandmont at email@example.com or (703) 624-0606 for details.
The Men’s Bible Study
Join the Men’s Bible Study. The next session starts on Monday, January 30, 2017 at 7:30 pm to 9 pm in Room 9 of the Church. We will start with 5 sessions learning about the New Testament and then go on to study the Gospel of Matthew for 10 sessions. There is a small fee to cover the cost of your books and the DVD. All men are invited to join. To register or to ask questions, please contact Ron Karpick, (703) 256-8793 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Daytime Bible Study
Please join Daytime Bible Study on Tuesdays from 12:30 to 2:00 pm in the Padua Room (Room 9). If interested, please contact Helena Criste at (703) 671-6334 or email@example.com.
WE HOPE YOU WILL JOIN US.
Please watch the bulletin and this website for further information.